Sunday, April 14, 2013

Made by Me 1996-2000

Housework has won this weekend but I thought I'd share a few miniatures I made between 1996 and 2000 when I had my first dabble at miniatures.

 
 

The Victrola (cabinet style gramophone), wicker chair and pantry were all made by me at workshops at the year 2000 NZAME (New Zealand Association of Miniature Enthusiasts) Convention. The theme of the convention was the 1920s.

The tutor for the Victrola was an Anne Eustace. This took hours and a lot of patience but I was really pleased with the result. A Jeanette Dungan was the tutor for the wicker chair and Jewel Lewis was the tutor for the 1920s kitchen cabinet.

The flapper doll costume also fits in with the 1920s theme and while a similar project was taught as a workshop at the convention my recollection is that I made this at a workshop held at the miniature club I belonged to at the time. I think the visiting tutor for this project was a Lynne Roberts. I have just realised she also has a pale blue feather boa that should be draped around her neck.

 

The chaise and settle above were also items I made in the 1990s as was the fireplace in the background. These would have been workshops held at the miniature club but I cannot recall the tutors. The wooden settle opens up for storage.

 

Above is a bathroom workshop I did in 1996. I think this also may have been at a NZAME convention. The tutors were Roger and Maureen Nelson. I still love it all these years later. The top of the housing contains the battery unit. There is a light outside the window to give the effect of moonlight. I remember finding an old card with a painting of trees on it which I think works well as the backdrop scene outside the window. I found a wonderful doll in a dressing gown that used to stand by the bath with a book but unfortunately she fell out of the cabinet a number of years ago and I've never found a doll since that I've wanted to put back in the scene. Maybe one day.

I've just noticed by looking at the photo the mirror needs to be reglued in the cabinet above the sink and the toilet chain has got wrapped around the towel rack. Pity I didn't notice these things before I took the photo.

The doll that leans against the bathroom in my craft room is Orphan Anne, a design by Jess of Little Dirt Lane that I made two or three years ago.

I'm sure I've got a few more things around that I made in the 1990s but these are the things that jumped out at me when I had a quick look around my craft room.

I have promised my daughter I will have a game of something with her this afternoon and she is hovering around the door to my craft room so I had better go, apart from to say I have my eye on some vintage items coming up on an on-line auction later today so if I am successful I will have something to blog about later in the week when the items arrive.

Hope you are all having a great weekend. Bye for now.

9 comments:

  1. You're very talented, Sharee! I love that chaise. It must have been difficult to make! The victrola is a beautiful piece! You certainly have done beautiful work. Love the bathroom! It must be nice to have a club to go to,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucille. The chaise was actually bought as a kit so it was not difficult. The railings were mini turnings that you can buy and the legs were purchased. It was lovely belonging to a Club back in the 1990s. We did some great projects together and different members had different skills they were willing to share. Unfortunately I then had a break from miniatures for many many years and now I am back into miniatures I have no club near where I live.

      Delete
  2. It's fun to take a stroll down memory lane. Each project is wonderfully done! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was nice to look back at what I did in the past. I am pleased that I kept a lot of my mini things. I must have known I would eventually get back into it in the future.

      Delete
  3. Que fantastico proyecto!!!
    Me encanta el trabajo que estas haciendo, perfecto!!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do intend to do some sort of small project with my 1920s items.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sharee! I am so sorry that I have not been keeping up around here! There are so many wonderful postings that have slipped by me so when you read this realize that I have started from the most recent and worked my way down under! Your projects are Fabulous and the craftsmanship is wonderful! I am so impressed by your skills. I love the little bathroom scene. I think the trees outside the open window are an added visual treat; no wonder that you enjoy it so much! Thank you for taking the time to share your projects with all of us, I really enjoyed them.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know why I am missing your posts, I hadn't joined your blog! But now I have! 'Bout time,too!

      elizabeth

      Delete
    2. Hi Elizabeth. Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog. It is a pleasure to have you on board. Thank you also for all the lovely comments on my posts.

      Delete