Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waitangi Day

It was Waitangi Day today, New Zealand's public holiday celebrating the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi in 1840. It meant I didn't have to go to work today.
Of course I thought it would be a great opportunity to do some miniatures. My 10 year old daughter thought that would be a good idea too, so this afternoon the two of us snuggled into my little craft room and made some miniatures together.
I tried to think of something simple to do with her so to start with we made some clocks out of clock face cut-outs, buttons and bits and pieces. Then Jamie wanted to have a go with some fimo and she made a lovely little strawberry pie. I attempted a few pieces from fimo. I had forgotten how fiddly making miniatures can be. I'll have to retrain my clumsy hands. I'll post some photos in the next day or two.
I also had a go at making a little dish from paper clay to make a miniature bonsai. I want to experiment with painting the dish with some fingernail polish to see whether it looks like pottery. I'll let  you know!
I've finally thought of a great miniature project I want to design and work on but I'm still trying to work out how to do it. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment