Friday, February 15, 2013

Blogs and Forums

I was sitting at the computer last night looking at other miniaturists blogs and reading the forums on Dolls Houses Past and Present and realised how much I appreciate the neat on-line community of miniaturists and collectors. I appreciate how with a couple of taps on the keyboard I can look at lovely photos of what someone else on the other side of the world is creating or collecting. A community where people help each other, offer constructive comments, share information and tutorials, offer giveaways and so much more. As I said in an earlier post I was involved with creating miniatures in the early 1990s and now I want to get back into creating and collecting miniatures. Back in the 1990s I belonged to a miniatures club with the friendships and support of club members. However, now I find myself living in an area where there are no miniature clubs, fabric stores or craft shops. I can only pick up the odd craft items in local shops and pick up bits and pieces in charity shops. All I can say is thank goodness for the internet. Not only does the internet mean I can obtain supplies through on-line shopping, but it also provides me with the link to other miniaturists, many of whom inspire me to keep creating. Keep blogging and sharing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharee! I was also involved with miniatures in the 1990's and took a break..... a Looong Break from it and now I too, am 'back in business!' My how times and circumstances have changed in the last 10-15 years, wouldn't you agree? Be encouraged, Sharee, even though you live far from any miniature club or retail venue, there is still a lot of crafting that can be done and a lot of ingenuity kicks in, when you have to come up with a solution to a Big, mini problem. I agree with you about the internet; I had NO CLUE was what was going on around me and my eyes were opened! Ain't it Grand!?

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is grand Elizabeth. Thank you for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live far away from other miniaturists and shops, too. It's wonderful to find new mini folks online! *waves*

    ReplyDelete