Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Break Comes To An End

Well my extended Easter break has come to an end. Back to work tomorrow. It is currently 10.00pm on Wednesday 8 April. However, before I head to bed I thought I'd just give you a quick update on what I have achieved since my last post.
 
In between housework, spending time with my daughter and other every-day necessities I have managed to do a list of some things I want to try to make for the Toad Stall project. I don't have a lot to show for it yet but below you will find a little trial stool made in the form of a toadstool which is a footstall for the bigger woodland creatures or a seat for the smaller ones, a Del-Prado chair with its seat cover removed (I am going to use the chair as a planter), some fabric which I have painted 'swamp green' that I am going to use to make some bunting from with little pictures of toadstools painted on them and the start of some fimo fungi. I won't cook them yet until I have made some more. Not much to show, but it is a start.




Don't forget my giveaway - link at the top right of this page. I am enjoying watching the names roll in.
 
Now I want to jump to another project, my bookshelf project. This project has been waiting for me to make up a lot of Paper-Mini book kits - perhaps after the Toad Stall project! While I am trying not to buy any miniatures because of my current financial situation I couldn't resist buying two little books when I saw them on a local auction site. They are The Secret Garden and A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. My Mum loved The Secret Garden as a child and as an adult she enjoyed watching the movie. We had both also recently read A Little Princess not long before she died. The books have blank pages inside but are lovely quality and came from TreeFeathers. The books have found their way onto my bookshelf as have a few books that came from Mum's place and a few I found when I was sorting through my miniatures recently.





Still lots of shelf space to fill.

Well I had better sign off and get to bed. It will be hard enough getting up to go to work tomorrow morning after having a few days off without having a really late night. It is already 10.20pm.

15 comments:

  1. I love that your going with a theme here! The toadstolls are fantastic they will make the whole scene wonderful.

    I hope you and the family had a happy holiday.

    Dont forget I have that whole page of bookcovers if you need filler for your shelves..if you need specific books to print, just contact me hon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea making a book shelf in a book. I love it and the little books are tiny treasures.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on both projects, Sharee! Good luck with the first day back to work! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this is a toadstoolstool? Hard to say aloud - but it looks stunning! And the planted chair is a great idea - as well as the bookshelf in a book. What a wonderful project... and I really like your newest books, especially because they have a personal reference to your Mom.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see that you've started on the Toad Stall project , Sharee, I love the idea for the chair being a planter :)! It seems that the miniature virus has 'caught' you again ;)!?
    This book roombox looks gorgeous and your new booklets are gorgeous work, enjoy!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharee! I am really excited to see you book shelf project and your Toad Stall project to come. Although, I have never read The Secret Garden or The Little Princess, I have watched movie versions of both of these books and so I applaud your choices. Books have a special place in my heart and I love it when you can find them in miniature and incorporate them into a scene which makes everything more personal. :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precioso libro con mini-libros,
    Que el comienzo del trabajo no sea duro y haya muchos buenos momentos.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  8. ¡Animo con la vuelta al trabajo!
    Me encanta e proyecto de los libros. Una bonita idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharee! I think your Toad Stall is going to be a lot of fun! It looks good so far! And tiny books are always a weakness of mine! I have been re-reading my copy of The Secret Garden this winter.... that pent up longing for Spring!!! I must look out for a mini copy of it myself! I look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are again very interesting projects to see on your blog- as usual!
    Hope you´ve done already your first working day after easter break and now you can enjoy home time... yes, I know... it´s just a hope, because I know theres always housework to do after a working day. But I beg you: try to take free time for yourself and things you love to do!
    Hugs Melli

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little stool! And the idea of the chair planter is fantastic. Your bookshelf already looks marvelous. Your doing precious work!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your toad stall project =) The stool is so cute, I love polka dots, especially red and white =)
    And your bookshelf looks great, so many beautiful books!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. The little stool is very nice. Your bookshelf is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful work. The bookshelf is a great idea. I love it.

    Hugs Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  15. Книжная полка выглядит потрясающе!

    ReplyDelete